“This recipe was easy and made large servings. Like Beachwaves i used Golden Mushroom on the bottom of the pan but poured brown gravy on top which added depth and made a beautiful dark golden brown gravy. I took one serving and Immediately hid it way back in the fridge for tomorrow’s lunch. A Hit!”
” First time making Salisbury Steak and it turned out great! I made some changes to the recipe. Didn’t use the water. I used Pepperidge Farm Stuffing Mix instead of bread crumbs. I also used a pack of Lipton onion soup mix, sprinkled in some all-purpose flour and Worcestershire sauce. I also seasoned my meat with some of my seasonings. I removed my patties out of the skillet, poured out grease & wiped skillet out before putting patties back in. I use frozen onions so I put those in the mixture & when I poured my gravy on the meat I added more of the onions into the gravy! This will definitely be in the rotation!!”
” I made this tonight for dinner. The only thing that I did different was I added a can of Campbell’s Golden Mushroom soup to the bottom of the pan with a splash of water to dilute the soup and then I poured the Campbell’s beef gravy on top. I put some away to take to work with me. When I woke up I was told that the dinner was so good that they even ate what I was going to take to work.”
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell’s Beefy Mushroom Soup (2 for more gravy)
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 c. fine dry breadcrumbs
1/4 c. finely chopped onion
1/8 t. pepper
1/4 c. water
1) Add 1/4 c. soup, egg, breadcrumbs, onion and pepper to the ground beef and mix well.
2) Shape into 6 patties.
3) Brown both sides in ungreased skillet, over medium heat; not cooking them completely.
4) Drain off the fat.
5) Spoon over the patties the undiluted Beefy-Mushroom soup and 1/4 c. water.
6) Cover the skillet and simmer over low heat 20 minutes or until done, spooning the gravy over the patties occasionally.
7) Delicious served with mashed potatos, cooked green beans and rolls with butter.
Note: I like to use 2 cans of the Campbell’s Beefy Mushroom Soupto have for more gravy on our mashed potatos